white tail acei sick?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tjmds97

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Today I noticed my white tail acei was being picked on by the other fish and when I looked closer his color is fading it's like marbled and he is really weak, yesterday he was just fine as far as I could tell. Does anyone have any advice? Please help if you can.

Hi! My fish experience has been that when a fish starts getting sick, the other fish will pick, nip, and chase the sick fish unrelentingly. Can you possibly quarantine him in another tank (or lg bucket/lg storage bin with air wand/filter)? That would be the 1st step to prevent him from infecting your fish. How are your water parameters (amm, nitrite, nitrate, ph)? Is tank cycled? Water is usually the first thing everyone looks at with a sick fish. I really dont know much about white tail acei's but i hope this is can atleast get you pointed in the right direction!

i suggest quaranteening, even if it isnt truly ill its good to be safe and to let it heal from getting attacked so much. and i agree, check out the water conditions and do a pwc :) x

Back
Top Bottom