http://imgur.com/HmmaEs5[/IMG]I won a goldfish (common I think) at our county fair recently. I purchased a 4 gallon marineland tank to put him in because it was small and the only one of it's size with a bio-wheel filter, along with food, ammonia test kit, gravel, and a cleaning siphon. I put it in after adding a water dechlorinator and safestart and noticed it was sitting at the bottom. This morning I noticed a patch on one side of it's body that has a u-shapped line of fuzz or white colored something on it.
The ammonia levels tested at .25ppm last night and I don't have the testers for any other levels until later today.
I know I probably should have done a fishless cycle now, and acclimated the fish in a better way or at least researched before setting up a tank. I am now worried about A) helping this goldfish get healthy and B) will whatever is wrong with my fish infect my biowheel/filtration and be impossible to get rid of?
I also know that goldfish produce a lot of ammonia and 4 gal
is too small to permanently keep one in but it will do for the moment. Just looking to solve the immediate problem.