White webbing in tank and sick snail plz help!!! pic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shishka

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Im a new tank owner and I changed my tank about 3 days ago and now there is white web looking stuff in the tank what can it be and how do i fix it? one of my snails died. and my male platies tail is all torn up[/img]

Attachments

• mvc-836s.jpg
    mvc-836s.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 251
  • mvc-836s.jpg
    mvc-836s.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 303
  • mvc-835s.jpg
    mvc-835s.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 344
The white webbing I get all the time. I think it's just the snail goo sticking to the sand that I have in the bottom of my tank, so I've always dismissed it as harmless. If it turns out to be something serious it would be the first I'd ever heard of it. I have two large trapdoor snails, and they take turns gooing on certain parts of the tank (glass, wood, etc).

As for the finrot, I have swordfish that have their tails nipped as well. I assumed it was from one of the more aggressive fish in the tank. At any rate, I've added Pinfix (or whatever it's called) and the problem has been fine.

Nøjo said:
I've added Pinfix...

that and Medefix are the one set if "medications" to try..
and if they dont kick it.. and antibiotic will kick it.. most have erythmiasin in them.. like Marysicilin.. (I cant spell anything very well so check the online vendors for "fungus" medications..)

there is a good chance that you need to clean the tank more throualy and or more often.. this is an indicator illness of poor water quality.

I would go out and get some Melafix and Pimafix for the fin rot. Also a water change would help too.

greenmaji said:
there is a good chance that you need to clean the tank more throualy and or more often.. this is an indicator illness of poor water quality.

I agree!

thank you so much I will clean the tank agian....i cleanrd it 4 days ago ... i think i will get all new plants n stuff in case its on them and i will get that medicine thanks agian!

Back
Top Bottom