white worms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

logansmomma1228

Aquarium Advice Addict
In the snail tank I have also discovered little whiteish worm looking things with black tips. They are all over the algae wafers and in the sand. Should I not feed my snails to my puffer now? I don't want him to get anything funny. I took some pics but it is hard to see the worm because it is so tiny, the biggest one I saw was a cm maybe.

Planaria are good in a DSB if you ever plan on getting one. I know I have a few planaria in my tank. The fish eat them though. I also have weird red warms living around my drifwood my fish eat them too. I also have fresh water ostracods. They have hard shells so the fish don't eat them but they like the smaller babies.

I woulnd't worry about the planarians. They will go away with a few water changes and restricted feedings.

Well they don't appear to have the same shape, but they are so tiny it is hard to tell. Also they have black tips

Planaria have eyes interestingly. That might be it. They are kind of arrow shaped under the magnifying glass.

I just got rid my my planaria. They wiggle with their heads and the body follows, and they didn't have a black head.

2 things. I hope that's all they are, and Alejandro isn't getting any more snails until I know for sure. I'll get a magnifying glass tomorrow.

Second, I lost my late night munchies from googling dif types of FW worms. Wow there is some gross stuff and I hope my fish never get something as bad as some of this stuff!

P.S. I can't go to sleep for a while now either I am very creeped out lol. I hate bugs and seeing microscopic 'bugs' with fangs does not make me want to go to bed

Back
Top Bottom