Will he live?:(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh OK. But i still haven't heard of a filter where u can control flow

All of my filters have adjustable flow.

Austin, try also soaking his food in garlic guard. This will help build his immunity from the inside out.

Good luck to your little buddy. He's a handsome guy.

Maybe add some stress coat into the tank? Mainly I would just let him rest in the tank undisturbed, and hope for the best.

Thank you everyone!! He is doing great! The day after, he began to bloat, so I did a water change and fed peas. All was fine the next day. He still has some scales missing but I have noticed them start to comeback already. Thank you for all your help everyone, I really appreciate it!!:)

LyndaB said:
All of my filters have adjustable flow.

Austin, try also soaking his food in garlic guard. This will help build his immunity from the inside out.

Good luck to your little buddy. He's a handsome guy.

Is garlic guard something I can buy at my LFS? I mainly feed flakes so how would I soak them? Thank you!! :)

miller44444 said:
Maybe add some stress coat into the tank? Mainly I would just let him rest in the tank undisturbed, and hope for the best.

Yes, I have cut down on the lighting of the tank, so he can catch some extra Z's:) thank you!!

Gingimaru said:
i would say maybe some small doses of melafix if he doesnt get better soon. just do a fifth of the normal dose (so if its 5ml only do 1ml) i have a betta and inverts and all of them are still fine after being dosed. my betta got scared the other day and managed to bump himself about and looked like he had some scratches, i put 1ml of melafix in on that day (none since) and the mark has gone and he looks all happy again

I added some stress coat, so hopefully that would help:) I'm kinda weary in putting chemicals into my tanks, so I think I'll skip the Melafix, and just do more water changes and let him rest, thank you for your help!!:)

Tcal01 said:
Sorry about your buddy and i hope he is doing better. This is kind of off topic so i apologize but what kind of filter do you have? I have never seen or heard of a filter where you can reverse flow or adjust flow at all. Again i hope he is doing better

Thank you!! I have a top fin filter I believe? Not too sure, sorry. I was cleaning my tank with a siphon but just the airline tubbing. Not the plastic part. He decided to come and say hi to it and got too close, then he was sucked in :( I raised the end of it, and let gravity take the water back down into the tank. He then fell to the bottom of the tank, not moving. I then decided to pick him up and bring him to the surface so he can get a breath of air when he wanted too. So it wasn't the filter that sucked him up, it was the siphon.

Glad he is doing better! Keep up the good work!
I've always have that fear with my cories, these fish are too curious for their own good ;)

I was really scared of my clown fish doing this last night as i did a water change! He was so curious, i just steered the thing away from him. Dumb fish hahah!

Austin.b said:
Thank you!! I have a top fin filter I believe? Not too sure, sorry. I was cleaning my tank with a siphon but just the airline tubbing. Not the plastic part. He decided to come and say hi to it and got too close, then he was sucked in :( I raised the end of it, and let gravity take the water back down into the tank. He then fell to the bottom of the tank, not moving. I then decided to pick him up and bring him to the surface so he can get a breath of air when he wanted too. So it wasn't the filter that sucked him up, it was the siphon.

Got it. Thanks for the clarification. IM glad he is doing better and IM sure he will make a full recovery :)

Back
Top Bottom