Will my Glofish Betta Split tail fully heal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bidevere

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I just bought a premium male betta from petsmart couple days ago. It is still very young but after looking closely it looks like its tail is split. Do you think the tail will fuse together as it grows or should I try to get another one?
Few things to point out:
The tank is 20g and not crowded.
I didn’t see any of the other fishes nipping its fins and they pretty much look healthy, not to mention how recent it is.
The water is healthy and the conditions are good for it to grow.

Attachments

• DE0A3DBD-16FC-44B0-96CE-E601ABC2D853.jpg
    DE0A3DBD-16FC-44B0-96CE-E601ABC2D853.jpg
    215.8 KB · Views: 66
  • 336D9A9C-5E67-466C-9E37-E4B00F99D352.jpg
    336D9A9C-5E67-466C-9E37-E4B00F99D352.jpg
    232.6 KB · Views: 69
No. That is how he will be. Glow fish are so manipulated. Inbred and other sorts. Just know he has a part in the way or a colic.

No. That is how he will be. Glow fish are so manipulated. Inbred and other sorts. Just know he has a part in the way or a colic.

Thank you. I’ve already returned him and not to my surprise he was was the last one in my city, no joking. Now I just have to wait until some store resupply

I just bought a premium male betta from petsmart couple days ago. It is still very young but after looking closely it looks like its tail is split. Do you think the tail will fuse together as it grows or should I try to get another one?
Few things to point out:
The tank is 20g and not crowded.
I didn’t see any of the other fishes nipping its fins and they pretty much look healthy, not to mention how recent it is.
The water is healthy and the conditions are good for it to grow.
Is nobody gonna say that natural tanks are better no matter what the fish is...

Is nobody gonna say that natural tanks are better no matter what the fish is...

Yea but I already built a glow tank so may as well only get glofish. It was my first tank and it looked very unique. It’s most likely because I didn’t know about a lot of fishes that are actually better than glofish.

Back
Top Bottom