Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-03-2004, 03:22 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

wobbly zebra danio

help
one of our zebra danios is swimming a bit wonky. this also happened about 5 weeks ago to another danio just before we went on holidays & we treated the tank for internal bacteria (interpet anti internal bacteria med) as it was only slighly wobbly but listless & we thought this may be the best med. anyway that wobbly fish recovered completely. but we now have another showing the same symptoms. i dont know how to describe it but i'll try. it just looks a bit off kilter when its swimming .......slightly wobbly 8O is the term that springs to mind. we did think swimbladder probs but it doesnt seem to have the acute symptoms of 'classic' swimbladder disease. it reminds me of someone a bit drunk but its not very noticable you have to watch carefully. apart from being a bit 'wonky' it looks quite happy & is eating,chasing etc as normal. ive redosed the tank with the anti internal bacteria med as this seemed to work before for the other danio.
has anyone any ideas what this could be??? any help ideas etc MOST appreciated
thanks

Old 03-05-2004, 03:27 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

These may help--
Freshwater Diagnostic Charts:
http://www.aquatronicsonline.com/hobbyist/hobbyist3.htm
http://www.clubjungle.com/fish_chart.pdf

Sorry, I don't know much about zebra danios.

Old 03-05-2004, 08:30 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Its time to send those danios to Alcoholics Anonymous

Seriously tho, I also would initially think swim bladder problems, but its definitely not a classic case. I'm wondering if some sort of internal infection is affecting either the swim bladder or the balance systems, especially since this has happened before and has been treated successfully.

*glares at Terry and QTOFFER*

Card carrying member of FTAS & GCAS.
Allivymar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2004, 12:31 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Regular

sadly our wobbly zebras swimming got worse.......she spent a lot of time hiding down the bottom of the tank but unfortunately the other danios kept harrassing her & we finally decided that she wasnt getting any better so my other half euthanased her (humanely of course)
very sad!!!
Old 03-14-2004, 02:37 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

I'm sorry to hear that. I hate to see suffering too--it's for the best. How are the other fish?

Menagerie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
danio, zebra, zebra danio

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com