Yoyo loach Fungus?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ali448

Aquarium Advice Regular
My yoyo loach has a large white spot (fungus?) on her snout. See picture. She's eating and active. No tank mates have symptoms. I haven't added anything new.
This is a 20 yo, 55g established tank.
The pH is 7.4, Ammonia, Nitrate & Nitrite are all 0.
Does anyone know what this is and what to do about it?
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 20210910_095304~2.jpg
    20210910_095304~2.jpg
    261.3 KB · Views: 26
  • 20210910_095251~2.jpg
    20210910_095251~2.jpg
    261.6 KB · Views: 35
Between the phone and no glasses I confess I can’t make it out.

Does it look like there may have been a wound originally? I find they tend to dig around a bit.

Generally I’ll treat for fungus and if no decrease in the spot after a few days, shift to antibiotics. If it is eating away the flesh then would be thinking bacterial.

Nitrates at 0 could be a little odd unless lightly stocked / heavily planted. On my tank I’d take a water sample to store just for peace of mind.

Last edited:
Thank you for reading. It could be a wound. I'll treat for fungus as suggested. I wanted a second opinion before adding meds to the tank. The tank is under stocked right now, so the low nitrate isn't a surprise. Thanks again for your help.

Is it possible he got his nose stuck against a heater? Stuck in/ under a decoration? They can get in surprisingly small spaces.

Do you see any other signs of this is any of the other fish?

Back
Top Bottom