yoyo loach swims unusual

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kaz

Aquarium Advice Addict
my yoyo is on the ground searching for food and suddenly twitches to the side, I think at this point I notice maybe it is scratching what he is doing because i notice my gourami is taping all of my plants trunks and leafs so I thought at first it was playing but now maybe it is all scratching methods?
I notice tiny white specs on the yoyos fin smaller than a grain of salt and maybe something around the gills of the gourami. I have been losing rummy noses and neons tetra 1 to 2 per week past three weeks. wed night I checked my nitrate and there about 30 to 40 if left longer than five minutes slightly more or about 40, i did a 50% water change that night and poor stress coat and prime in the tank after the water change. today saturday night I did another 40% water change and after poor some prime and stress coat. may any one help me please

Definitley sounds like ich. What you are seeing is likely "flashing" which is a sign of external irritation on the fish.

First thing I would do is start raising the temperature. The heat method will work well. Try and keep it stable around 87-88F. This will kill the ich. Raise the temperature slowly, 1-2 degrees and hour, as to not stress the fish more.

HTH

Agreed. Leave the temperature up at 87-88 for 2 weeks after you see the last signs of ich to make sure it is really gone.

Back
Top Bottom