Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-15-2010, 04:48 PM   #21
Aquarium Advice FINatic

In my opinion never trust someone who tells you something without a knowledge base. If they did not test your water then they should not be guessing what killed anything in your tank or the likelyhood that one type of fish would die from it first. That is simply absurd.

If you trust them as a seller, that is great...just bring them some water and have them test it! If the test says you have high ammonia and nitrites or any at all, then you know what has happened. Those things will kill any fish... in any order.. period. That is fact, not a guess. As stated above, what doesn't kill a fish will invariably make them sickly and shorten their lifespan. Which means you will just be buying more fish sooner. If you don't want to waste your money...and time...consider that.

I agree with the sentiments above, why join a forum to get advice from successful fishkeepers if you really do not plan to take it. It seems counterproductive. We are just trying to help. And everyone is saying the same thing. Test your water. If you don't want to buy a kit, any reputable store should test your water for FREE. It will just mean that you have to take them a sample everyday to monitor your tank.

As Meegosh has explained above and I mentioned earlier, I would not add anymore fish to your tank. Save your money and invest in your own kit. Once your tank is stable, you won't have to worry about ammonia or nitrite poisoning. And you will have a lovely tank of fish who are happy too.

Old 01-15-2010, 04:55 PM   #22
Aquarium Advice Activist

Yes, I want to thank you all for your support...
The test would've costed me 1 euro (1.4 US dollars -.-")

But I'll go like this, I have 4 cardinals atm and I'll see how long they'll survive there, and I'll buy no fish untill I have a test for amonia or pH test thing kit or w/e... (within a month or two)

Untill then, if I see anything strange going on I'll ask on the forum!

Thanks again, next time I'll know what to do
Old 01-19-2010, 01:40 AM   #23
Aquarium Advice Activist

That bacteria supplement that he is adding is confusing me, Perhaps that is the culprit, because to my knowledge unless its the refrigerated kind its just useless. Perhaps adding a lot in a 5g like he said is killing them.

Tags
danio, ick, sick, zebra, zebra danio

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com