Zebra Danio staying at bottom of tank...?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jmll007

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
looking scared... and kind of hovering still...

The other zebra danio is happy and energetic and the other two neon tetras are doing fine. i also have a snail who seems to be doing okay... have had all of them for a couple of months now, in a 10 gallon tank.. any ideas?

What would happen to be your parameters?

Im assuming its something like an ammonia spike, But I could be wrong. Have you had any fish die recently.

Tyler

its a 10 gallon tank, and only have those 4 tiny fish and a snail in there.. no fish have died recently, all are eating like pigs and swimming happily around...

this morning the zebra danio was swimming everywhere looking fine again until i turned the light on. the minute i did that, he hovered in the corner again, almost looking nervous, kind of shaky and weird... just that one fish, he has been in the tank for 2-3 months

you only have 2 zebras? one may be bullying the other into staying in one corner, i know i stupidly did that until i found out they're schooling fish who need a school of atleast 5 or so, or else they'll pick on one another

you only have 2 zebras? one may be bullying the other into staying in one corner, i know i stupidly did that until i found out they're schooling fish who need a school of atleast 5 or so, or else they'll pick on one another

DUHHH!!! why didnt i come up with that answer!! yes that could absolutely be the reason!

hmmm thats interesting, the other zebra likes to bully the neons as well... so is the answer here to get one more zebra so they have a mini school of 3? i would hate to get 3 more to make it 5 as my tank is only 10 gallons..

he is puny, i guess. that might be the reason.. i just wonder why it was never apparent before?

they will be fine for a bit, but once one establishes dominance its all over, even in my school of 5 they still split off every once in a while. i tried 3 and one just bullied the other 2 into a corner so i just bit the bullet and got 5. unless you're fine with them being stressed and living a much shorter life than 5 is the only way to go sadly =/

Back
Top Bottom