2 crab ID's please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RocketSeason

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey gang.

I have two diffrent crabs that need ID. Both pics suck, and I apoligise for it. I accually had to take the 1st pic with a flashlight so I am suprised it turned out at all! I did desaturate the background real quick to make the crab better to see.

1st crab: possibly a porcelin crab. I have two which come out about a half hour before lights out and sit in the stream of my PH. they have red and white stripes on their legs, larger claws, and two tiny blue "arms" with fans on them that they use to catch little stuffs comming out of my PH stream. I like these two alot. very fun to watch! I would like to keep them, but if they aren't reef safe...they will probibly need to go.

2nd crab: small, about a quarter of an inch across. Its dead, but I saw a second one that wasnt. This crab does not appear to have a hard shell. it has small red claws with black tips.

thanks for your help! I will work on getting better pics next time!

-Matt

cant make out the pics the crab id 2 pic almist looks like a small emerald from what i can see he dosen apear to be smooth like porceliens are, i realy cant make out the other pic sorry bro

i was lookin in some books the other could be a hairy hermit crab, Aniculus

if theres no shell mabe a sponge crab, dromia

Back
Top Bottom