??????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

picoreef2.5

Aquarium Advice Activist
What are these hair like things coming off these polyps, this is right after turning on the lightsImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1426806293.723106.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Hair Algae. After some quick reading it looks like you can simply pick them off with a tweezer or fingers. Does your tank need better flow, or maybe a protien skimmer?

Just some ideas!

Maybe a protein skimmer I don't mind it if its not harmfull

Flow isn't going to change the growth of hair algae, but it does point out you might have some nutrients in the water column. Check your parameters and see what is going on.

I had to skip this last weeks water change cause I was gone, i did it when i returned but you think a surpluss of nutrients caused the rapid growth? Theres a huge patch stuck to a frag this tank came with and i tried removing it....the frag broke in two... Some how miraculously all the mature polyps were on one peice and all the newest heads were on another, both seem to be doin fine after all that though i still couldnt remove this patch

Oh, if there isn't algae in the tank and it came in on the frag of course there is still algae on the frag. Pull out what you can. Scrub it with a toothbrush if you can. If all else fails, you can do a 10:1 water:hydrogen peroxide dip. Zoas won't open up for a couple of days, but they should. I did it and thought I killed the zoas, but they came back around.

So i just re fragged those guys just now and took out the hair algae they were propagated onto, now my question is how do i deal with whats left in the tank is there a solution for killin hair algae, iv read turbo snails or aestras eat it? I have a hard time distinguishing between the two ill post pics of whats in the tank now

Back
Top Bottom