a few things in tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

choupic

Aquarium Advice Activist
big pics sorry

pic1 worm?
1.jpg

pic 2 not sure it get big and small
2.jpg

pic 3 eggs maybe small yellow with green strips inside
3.jpg

pic 4 purple shell on rock shoots a web
4.jpg

pic 5 a shell on rock opens and closes looks like a purple crown on top when open
5.jpg

pic 6 large mushroom how do I move some to a new rock
6.jpg

Thanks for the help

1 looks like a beneficial bristle worm (at least the coloring looks right for that).
2 looks like some kind of coral (someone correct me if I am wrong).
3 possibly shrimp eggs (that is a total guess)
4 hard to tell in that pic.....spaghetti worms will shoot out strands but they don't live in shells...is iy possible that it moved into the shell and is not the original inhabitant?
5 possibly a beneficial (i think the name is) turkey wing clam
6 sorry, I don't know anything about corals...

well six looks like it is a green-tipped torch coral and you really just need to give it time and it will move on its own

1. agree it's a bristleworm
2. possibly some type of colonial tunicate. I've seen these before and will try to find the info again and repost for sure.
3. tunicates
4. agree, probably a spaghetti worm inside the shell
5. is a barnacle
6. to move your mushrooms, you can scrape them off the rock taking with it a small bit of the rock with it to use for gluing them elsewhere, or you can cut the cap off the mushroom off and tie it down elsewhere in the tank. Netting is also useful for holding down your fragged mushroom til it reattaches. Or, you can try to force it into moving my place another piece of rubble against it. This takes longer. The mushrooms will spread eventually on their own as well by growing new heads and spreading, as well as dropping heads that will attach elsewhere in the tank.

Back
Top Bottom