A question relate to something's ID

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oyf709

Aquarium Advice FINatic
um..I was cleaning some hair algea off my tank and i found alittel guy about half inch long with pair of antana at front and body was kinda brownish.It was too small and too quick for me to actrually can get a good pic of it.When I try to move it out from the LR it slide away into one of the hole with a very fast speed. At the back of this thing there is sorta some kinda shell but it is not hard, it just looks like a shell.
I am just wondering is this a young Abalone which shield is not yet fully developed or is it just some kinda sea slug.
I understand it quite hard to give me a perfect answer but i was hoping someone ever saw a Abalone at their juve. stage.
If it is some sorta sea slug are they going to eat corals?Or algea eater?
Thanks for your time and helps

well just a quit update I foudn more than 1 one them at the same area now..so i decide to touch its back to see if its actrually a hard shell...the answer is yes...
so this thing is browish with 1 shell on the back...if i am right it should be Abalone ?
*cross fingures*
I do have 2 Abalone in my tank alrdy so not sure if they actrually can reproducing.

thanks fluff si there something you don't know? >.^
it looks exactly wat it is...guess a cute little hichaikker

There is a ton I don't know. I'm always learning something new. lol But, I'm glad I could help. :D

Back
Top Bottom