aiptaisa?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

seacat

Aquarium Advice Freak
If so, how do i get rid of it. and how quickly do i need to? (there are multiples of them)

How long do i have before i have to absolutely get rid of them. I don't live near to a fish shop but my sister is going to be near one this weekend. Will that be too long?

The sooner the better but you do not absolutely need to be rid of them. It's just very highly recommended. Once established they breed like wildfire and become a nuisance quite quickly. Their nematocysts are quite strong and if near coral can damage them quite easily.

Cheers
Steve

Steve,

Do you have experience with joesjuice? Almost seems too good to be true.

It doesn't harm fish right?

It won't harm the fish as long as the bottle doesn't get dumped in :wink:

I ordered some awhile back and was quite happy with the results. The only thing I would recommend is using a smaller applicator. I found the syringe included too large and allowed the "juice" to flow too easily. I instead took an old titration syringe from a Salifert test kit cleaned it well and snipped the extention tube a little wider which gave much better control. The key to Joe's Juice is getting the little pests to injest it. They will literally melt before your eyes.

Cheers
Steve

My dad is a pharmacist so i'm sure getting my hands on any type of a syringe wouldn't be a huge problem. The only problem now is finding a place to buy it. Is the internet the way to go?

There are several online places that sell it as well as the link I gave you above. Not sure if you can buy it locally.

Chers
Steve

I have 2 peppermint shrimp and they are awesome at getting rid of the stuff. And alot of fun to watch.

I would also recomend getting a couple of peppermint shrimp. They took care of the few that I had. Make sure you get peppermint and not camel shrimp. They look very similar. The camel shrimp has a hump on its back and larger eyes, they have been known to munch corals so stay away from them if you have a reef. Copperband butterflies have also been know to eat aptashia. However, they can be a challenging fish to keep so try other options first. I have never used Joe's Juice or lemon juice, but people report success with them. Good luck. Lando

Back
Top Bottom