Aiptasia anenome ??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Leeh24

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi
Can anyone tell me if these to pink things are small aiptasia anemones ? I have blasted the large one I had today but seen these Today also
Lee

Attachments

• image-135641217.jpg
    image-135641217.jpg
    226.1 KB · Views: 110
I'm not 100% positive, but i believe those are a form of coralline algea. They are totally harmless, like Pete said, and I think they look pretty cool! I've got quite a few myself! Very slow growers, usually.

Pete yes they are kind of like that but a couple of them have bits coming out which I thought may of been small tenicles but the more I look the don't move or retract.
Cool slug btw
Lee

Leeh24 said:
Pete yes they are kind of like that but a couple of them have bits coming out which I thought may of been small tenicles but the more I look the don't move or retract.
Cool slug btw
Lee

Thank you and yeah just keep an eye on it an maybe someone else can chime in too

It looks similar to what I posted. I think maybe a foram. If so they are harmless and are like a simple coral. I had some hh on my live rock. I could be wrong but that is best I could find on google.

Try googling this and see if it looks like it: Homotrema rubrum

Hi Oscar

You have nailed it I googled it and it defiantly that.

Thanks

Lee

Glad I could help. I just ran across it myself yesterday so it was fresh in my mind. I'm working on a 40 breeder setup and my live rock had some.

Back
Top Bottom