Aiptasia on live rock?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BLOODMAN

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I recieved 90 lbs of live rock from LR.com and all over it were these little brown anemones. They are about 1 inch across and appear to be burrowed into the rock. Are they aiptasia or not? Or perhaps should I ask.. Should I joe's juice them or not? Thanks for all your help.

Yes, aptasia. Yes joes juice works but it will not get them all (you can't find them all). I found that peppermint shrimp used in junction with JJ. works really well. I nuke the big ones and let the peps eat off the smaller ones. :mrgreen:

justmy2cents said:
Yes, aptasia. Yes joes juice works but it will not get them all (you can't find them all). I found that peppermint shrimp used in junction with JJ. works really well. I nuke the big ones and let the peps eat off the smaller ones. :mrgreen:

I got a couple of these with my lr, and purchased a peppermint shrimp to, in theory, eat them up. My particular shrimp apparently does not care at all for these things. He's picky I guess.

So I've been doing kalkawasser injections, or actually just squirting some kalk/water mix in front of the thing and it sucks it in on its own.

I've successfully eliminated two of these using this method, but the third one keeps coming back to life.

Back
Top Bottom