algae help needed!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

coltsfan82

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So, I have a 75 gal tank that has been over run by algae. Picture attached. Can you help me identify it and suggest a way to treat it??? Its driving me crazy! Had water parameters checked a my lfs and it was within normal ranges. We change water once a week. Just can't get rid of it. TIA

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    46 KB · Views: 120
get ya about 5 mexican turbo snails they just remember they are kinda stupid and will go in the over flow if they can fit i have one stuck in my sump and havent figured how to get the dummy out

I have t5 bulbs that are on roughly 10 hours for the actinic and 8 hours for the other two. I feed my fish daily with flakes, sometimes with frozen food. I have a hippo tang, 2 clowns, 3 chromis, a royal gramma, 2 emerald crabs, a cleaner shrimp and the clean up crew. I know my husband tends to over feed, but this problem started way before he started feeding the fish.

I would suspect over feeding feeding daily is over feeding on its own. Aside from nori on the vegi clip for the tang you can go 3 days without feeding

I have t5 bulbs that are on roughly 10 hours for the actinic and 8 hours for the other two. I feed my fish daily with flakes, sometimes with frozen food. I have a hippo tang, 2 clowns, 3 chromis, a royal gramma, 2 emerald crabs, a cleaner shrimp and the clean up crew. I know my husband tends to over feed, but this problem started way before he started feeding the fish.

Might want to cut your lighting down, and reduce your feeding to every other, or 3 days.

Back
Top Bottom