Algae ID please!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

David87

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408026857.743626.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408026880.472694.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408026890.432165.jpg

Hello! Can anybody tell me what kind of algae is the one on the pictures please?are the good or bad? Also I notice some strange "things" on my green star polyps.

Tank info:

2 month old
0 nitrate,phosphate, ammonia
8.3 ph
9 dkh
390 calcium (dosing to put it up to 450)
Red Sea max c-serie 250.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

In the first pic I see green hair algae in front and possibly some bubble algae or maybe cyano in the shaded section in the back. 2nd pic I can't tell what you want us to look at, maybe some sponges? Better pic would help. 3rd pic looks like cyano and maybe some hair algae, again a better pic would help.

Thanks for the welcome!

Actually in the first picture I was talking about the algae that looks like seashell, they look like shell but they are not. In the second picture I was trying to get them from a different point of the tank without success. In the third picture there are some hairy tubes, they look like mini feather duster, but they are multiplying.

I know about the green algae, the tank is still very young and I am waiting some CUC to keep them under control. The bubble are due to the micro bubble that the skimmer is throwing into the display tank.

(Sorry for the English, it is not my first language)

Thanks again!

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408038918.282772.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408038927.633480.jpg

Some better pictures maybe.

Back
Top Bottom