Algae Take Over

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

seacat

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok so maybe its not as bad as the name but i have some type of a green plant that grows like crazy on my rocks and had long stems that have like little tree branches that come of it. The little branch things seem to stick out then have like little pin needles sticking off of them. Anyone got any idea? Hope to have a good picture tomorrow morning just thought i would put this out there why i wait for my camera. Thanks for the help.

I already do this but having to clean off every rock every week gets a little old really quick and was hoping someone had something else to offer. Thanks for the advice though.

Crop it as best you can and add a tuxedo urchin to control it. This type of caulerpa is quite fast growing and a complete nuisance. Limiting nutrient will also help in the long run.

Cheers
Steve

Ok, does anyone know if I got a Sailfin Blenny aka Lawnmower Blenny that it would take care of it or atleast keep it in check.

Some have had success with this but IME with these types of blennies, they ignore macro algaes. They will "mouth" the macro scraping off the film algae but will not actually consume the macro for the most part. I don't think adding a fish would resolve your current issue, just add to it. I also think a 20 gal is too small a tank for this species.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom