Anemone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I guess I'll ask again. What kind of light, how many inches long is the fixture, and how old are the bulbs?

Oh,I told you was asking to sniper...

Got 2x2 unit coralife t5hioutput
1 is 11 months old and the other one is 9

Simply isn't enough light to support an anemone. 6 bulb or higher IMO.

I would have to agree with the lighting on this one, but I may also add that my nem thrives under my 4 bulb. In this case, the Coralife life I don't believe has enough umph to it. How many watts are your bulbs?

But my coral are growing and doing good,

The bulb are 31 w

But my coral are growing and doing good,

The bulb are 31 w

Nem's can be even more demanding than a lot if corals. Sebaes are notorious for being difficult. They require incredible amounts of light and perfect, perfect water. Meanwhile there are a number of corals that require only moderate light, and a handful that actually seem to prefer some waste in the water for them to use as fertilizer.

How big is the tank? If its a 29g that may be enough but I struggled to keep a nem under 4 x 54w T-5s (2x white 2 x actinic) in my 55g so switched to LEDs

Nem's can be even more demanding than a lot if corals. Sebaes are notorious for being difficult. They require incredible amounts of light and perfect, perfect water. Meanwhile there are a number of corals that require only moderate light, and a handful that actually seem to prefer some waste in the water for them to use as fertilizer.

That's right,
I told to give a try with the nem, I guess a bigger tank is better because the water parameter are more stable,some fish store just want to make the sale sometime... I learn from this mistake.... I'll get an anemone when I get a bigger tank(one day)

How big is the tank? If its a 29g that may be enough but I struggled to keep a nem under 4 x 54w T-5s (2x white 2 x actinic) in my 55g so switched to LEDs

Led are nice, a little too expensive, but defiantly I'll get some one day

Back
Top Bottom