Anemone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just amazing ,

Why would mine close up every time I do a PWC?
He will close up for about 1 hour then she is fine and goes back to her massive self

That is their normal response to water parameter changes. Remember, they are essentially big sacks of water. When you do a PWC, and don't match the water parameters exactly it has to expel much of the water that it is using to inflate itself and reinflate with new water. This is a somewhat stressful thing. Though not nearly as stressful as being in bad water. They do the same thing periodically to flush their own waste out.

When you have an anemone in you tank it is best to match temp, salinity, pH, everything when doing water changes. Also, you should try to make sure that your top-up water enters the system as far away as possible so that it is thoroughly mixed into the saltwater before it gets to the anemone. This isn't a problem with most fish. In fact I have had many, many saltwater fish that would swim right into the stream of freshwater any time I was adding top-up water.

I don't have a auto top off .
Actually I'm considering building a sump and adding a ATO
And Moving my skimmer to the sump .
The one good thing about a HOB skimmer is I don't forget to empty the collection cup . And can see when it's foaming too much .
Sometimes after feeding my anemone the skimmer goes crazy .

I think he's correct. I was thinking they had a brightly colored foot as well, but after looking further I see that most do not.

Different than what? Google "Ritteri anemone images"

image-3977925167.jpg

I came home from the long weekend away and noticed my light timer failed and left the lights in all weekend ,
I lost 2 coral frags and my anemone doesn't look good ,
He is white and neon yellow ,
What's the best way to fix this and prevent it from happening ever again ?
Thanks mr x

Back
Top Bottom