anemone ID

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scottayy

Aquarium Advice Addict
The pet store called this a "rose anemone". I said, a rose bubble tip anemone? And he said no it's not a bubble tip but it looks like one.

Confusing right. So I want to be sure that this is just a red/rose bubble tip anemone.

They want $80 for it too. That's a lot, and the anemone looked awful and shriveled up but he said they just moved it to a different tank so that would make sense.

So, is this a RBTA? Sorry for the picture quality.. best I could get.

x0tyjt.jpg

Looks like an RBTA to me, one of the really cool looking ones too, with the green base and rose/orange tips! I've seen some beautiful Nems with this coloration, although $80 is pretty steep IMO.

I could find one like that twice the size for 30-35 in my area, i dont think thats a good deal :/

Yeah it is pretty steep. I think I might get it though because it's the only anemone in town and it would cost me that much or more to get one online and have it shipped and I don't want to wait. lol.

This particular pet store doesn't really have a good handle on corals. I can find great deals there or terrible deals. Depends on the item.

It's a beautiful Nem Scott, good luck with it!
And as far as the pet store not knowing much, yeah sometimes that can work to your advantage!

I picked it up. It is tiny and I feel like the coloration is off. What do you think Flreefer?

img_2098046_0_2dd1734dbd020eb67dd4247bca166414.jpg

Looks like my big ones. It'll start getting red with a greenish base.

Boy, it is small, isn't it...but that's fine, you've got plenty of room to grow. Well, the color does look a little whitish, but the tips are expanded, so that's a good sign. Just take good care of it, from here on out, and it should be fine. It's probably had a rough journey to your tank, now it can acclimate, probably to better conditions than its seen in awhile, and recover. It does have pretty cool coloration though! I think it will be a pretty sick (in a good way) looking Nem!!

What I think urs will eventually look like. This is one of mine.

Attachments

• image-3303688635.jpg
    image-3303688635.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 63
Thanks flreefer and kio!

Yeah it looks a lot like my old GBTA, which hated the clowns trying to host it but this one loves it. So as it gets older it will look more stringy?

Edit| beautiful nem kio

scottayy said:
Thanks flreefer and kio!

Yeah it looks a lot like my old GBTA, which hated the clowns trying to host it but this one loves it. So as it gets older it will look more stringy?

Edit| beautiful nem kio

IME yes... I've moved them all the way to the top of the tank and still looked the same. And tnx. I've got two. It split.

Mine got stringy and split. I run a 150 watt mh on a 29 gal cube, so plenty of light and I fed it from time to time

Yeah I got 240W of LED over my 55, and it's the non dimmable taotronics so it's pretty darn strong.

I'm confident he will be healthy. I've brought a GBTA back from being severely bleached before.

This one's bubbly, staying put, and opening up. Signs are good so far. The internet says they get stringy when they're hungry. Any truth to that?

That pic of your clown with his new anemone is adorable!!!! He's obviously too big for it, but it'll grow cuz he's gonna take great care of his new friend!! He'll feed it and keep it clean an it'll be big enough for him soon enough!! :)

Ur clown will feed it. I have 4 nem's and my clowns feed them all. I never spot feed

Back
Top Bottom