Anemone id please !

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dude1982

Aquarium Advice Freak
Just bought this from my lfs. I was told it was a sand anemone but I can't find any that look like mine. Thanks !

Attachments

• image-4116608526.jpg
    image-4116608526.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 253
i have never seen a good nem as a hitchhiker i would definatly remove but not in tank unless u spray boiling hot water in it or lime

Lol I have no idea what nem it is. It's around 3 inch tall and around 2 inch wide. Here's another pic of it this morning.

Attachments

• image-3498132392.jpg
    image-3498132392.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 205
It looks like a type of bubble tip to me in that last picture. At first I was looking at maxi mini and mini nems and couldn't find any like that.

People that know about anemones want to know the color of foot they have to be able to id them. I just guess and research.

Thanks guys. This one is looking like it's hard to id lol. I have never seen a nem like this one before !

Is it possible this could eat a 3 inch chalk goby lol I can't find him anywhere. I have had to move all the rocks because I dint want it fouling my water if it was dead, still no sign of him and he is usually on show 24/7 ?

I am an expert with anemones :D And i have an ID for you. It is a flower rock anemone. And for the goby anemones will eat anything slow enough for them to catch and start eating so how active is this little goby?

Cool thanks fish man, the goby is always very active and constantly sifts the sand. I put the anemone on the sand because I was told it was a sand anemone, thats why I was wondering if it ate the goby !

Well I just fed it some shrimp and it is the fastest eating anemone I have ever seen, lol it just grabbed and swollowed it all within 30 seconds. I feel sorry for our goby if it did eat him !

Well literally 10 seconds ago I caught the nem spitting out Gordon my chalk goby. No wonder I couldn't find him anywhere !

Here's the pic I took of it !

Attachments

• image-1836522191.jpg
    image-1836522191.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 190
Im really not sure if im going to keep it. I loved my chalk goby, it was one of my first marine fish. I didn't think this anemone could eat a fish that's the same size of it.

Yea, kind of problematic to keep an anemone that lives on the sand with a goby that hops around on the sand. Shouldn't be a problem if you have column swimmers and rock perchers, but if you want another bottom dweller might be best to give him the boot, just to be safe.

Back
Top Bottom