Anenome: Friend or Foe?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WhiteCloud

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have several of these anemones that came in my live rock. It does not look like the usual aipatasia picture I have seen.

Can anyone give me a ID on this! I have some Joe's Juice coming from the Aipatasia I can tell...but this one looks different.

Thanks

Attachments

• aiptasia_207.jpg
    aiptasia_207.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 200
I'm not sure either. But I wouldn't nuke it unless it starts to reproduce excessively. Certainly, you don't have any problem at the moment.

is it from lr.com ? if so id nuke it ! even though it not the common anemone i believe they are a type of aipatasia none the less :)

They are actually causing problems. I put an acclimated Peppemint Shrimp into the tank....as he was falling into the tank...he must have landed right into that anenome. I couldn't find him for 5 minutes...then I realized the anemome tentacles were not extended....HE WAS EATING THE PEPPERMINT SHRIMP. I got the shrimp out with a nearby chop stick. He wasn't moving...but his mouth parts were still moving...but he then passed on an hour later.

So...what we have hear is not your usual anemone...we have one out for blood.

The anemone DID come from liverocks.com. I have some Joe's Juice on the way...lets hope it does the job. I have about 10 big ones I needed to get rid of (I ordered 2 bottles).

Hopefully the remaining Peppermint Shrimp can take care of the small ones.

WC

Doesn't take much of Joe to do the job. Two bottles will hopefully last you a long long time. Nuke em!!!! :rocket:

Yup, aip it is. If you do not want to try Joe's, get three or four peppermint shrimp. they may gobble them up. I had several on the LR in my nano and one pep went to work and they are all gone.

yes!!!!!!!!!!! it's aiptasia!!!! i have it too!!! it grows like crazy now! JOES JUICE is on the way! nuke it! nuke it!

HE WAS EATING THE PEPPERMINT SHRIMP.

Well, that is certainly not how that was supposed to work, given that Peppermint Shrimp make tasty meals out of Aiptasia. Maybe the Peppermint Shrimp was trying to it the Aiptasia from the inside out ;)

I think I have ANOTHER Aiptasia in my tank right now. This will be about number 15, I kill one, then one pops up somewhere else, kill that, another one pops up... It is driving me nuts :cry:

Back
Top Bottom