Anenome with Purple Tips

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishyFamily

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just bought an anenome that is white with little purple tips. Does anyone know what type of anenome this it?

Sorry, didn't get a pic before I left for work this morning.

Sebaes will definitley host clowns.

A word of caution though. Sebaes are one of the harder to care for anemones. Make sure you keep up on water changes.

HTH

LOL, I was wrong - it is definately a condy.

So, will there be any problems if I introduce a carpet, bubble or saddle in addition to the condy?

So, will there be any problems if I introduce a carpet, bubble or saddle in addition to the condy?
There is definate potental for issues of chemical warfare or just a stinging war ....either way I would remove one if you want the other ....I would not recomend 2 anenome ...HTH

Esp. in a 35 gallon tank. Also carpets are difficult to keep as well as very lethal to your fish.

melosu58 said:
Esp. in a 35 gallon tank. Also carpets are difficult to keep as well as very lethal to your fish.

It was my understanding that the carpet is the natural host for the percula clown, what would you suggest as a proper host?

Clowns are clowns, they will host about anything they feel comfortable hosting, even phs, or misc corals......or nothing.....

roka64 said:
Clowns are clowns, they will host about anything they feel comfortable hosting, even phs, or misc corals......or nothing.....

This is very true as I bought my clowns a BTA and they rewarded me by ignoring the anenome and hosting a bubble coral and a pagoda cup coral. So much for human reasoning.

Yeah, human reasoning and clown reasoning not anywhere close! LOL!

Back
Top Bottom