Any idea what this big bulb looking thing is on my frag?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Readingexcalibur

Aquarium Advice Addict
Any idea what this big bulb looking thing is on my frag? Seems to be growing. Maybe irritating the polyps.

Attachments

• image-3580387559.jpg
    image-3580387559.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 129
  • image-2392954062.jpg
    image-2392954062.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 145
It looks like it could be a type of sponge, but the weird veiny lines in the first picture don't match up with the types of sponges I'm familiar with. Can you touch it and see if it's soft like a sponge?

Oh but one more thing, and maybe you have sponges, but when reading about them, they can release toxins in your tank if they die. Do all sponges do this?

Does not seem to resemble any in the photos, I am going to bust out the DSLR and upload them. This thing is weird!

Can you get a picture with more light? I'm curious as to what it is! Could it be some kind of tunicate? Also, if you have something to help identify things or a site let me know! I've got a piece of live rock that has some weird stuff on it and would love to positively identify it so I know how to take care of it!

Hopefully these help. I am pretty sure its not a sponge, but i have been wrong so many times before, lol.

Attachments

• IMG_1103.jpg
    IMG_1103.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_1102.jpg
    IMG_1102.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 86
its a sponge get it out of your zoas before it suffocates them
just lost 2 zoas to those ugly nasty sponges

this is what the sponge did to my zoas was a real nice piece till sponge got it
killed over 1/2 wish camera took clear picts

Attachments