anybody know what this is?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sw-addict

Aquarium Advice Freak
img_1029318_0_a48ec0859c34b77b27fbc1ba886e4c9f.jpg

a scene from the next alien vs predator? lol I have no idea sorry. Really cool picture though!

I'm still a newbie with all this stuff, but it looks kinda like a ricordea mushroom up close. Maybe the experts can say for sure what it is, i'm just guessing still

Looking like bubble algae to me. One of those situations where a less close up pic may be more help

Is this a question, or a test?

This would've been a better one to post:

sw-addict
img_1029468_1_5c87ed4823d724b3ff94d591d5a4eaac.jpg

I don't think it's a Ricordea, but I think it's a type of mushroom. Maybe a St. Thomas Bubble Mushroom?

I take back ricordia, it may be a bubble mushroom.

my only confusion is that the bubbles i've seen seem to have a pattern on them while yours do not.

I was thinking some kind of yuma ric, but I really don't know the first pic shows the mouth area better and I like the pic its taken with only actinic lighting and the second has the daylights on also. Whatever it is grew from a green speck in the last 6 months on a piece of live rock that I picked up from another local reefer, he doesnt have anything that resembles it so he doesn't know. I'm looking into the bubble shroom theory. thanks for the help.

Its coloration makes me think ricordea yuma, but I've never seen the tentacles get that puffy/bulbous on the ends. That's the only reason I'm thinking the St.Thomas. I think it's one or the other though.

Back
Top Bottom