Anyone able to help ID this coral:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's hard to judge scale, from the pic, but if it's small ( 1" ) possibly a head of Acan. If it larger ( 3+" ) I would say a Lobophilia brain coral.

The last pic was taken at night under mainly blue light. Maybe this one is easier to judge from. It is small, about one inch diameter. I don't think it's an Acan but I'm not great at identifying. I also thought it looked more like something like a Lobo of sorts. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• image-2769257122.jpg
    image-2769257122.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 73
Cynarina Lacrymalis looks really close. When I was comparing photos last night I kept going back to that one. It is a new arrival for me so maybe as it opens back up better it will be easier to ID. The kid at LFS was clueless about it and it was cheap, $10 so I gambled.

Keithhjs said:
Cynarina Lacrymalis looks really close. When I was comparing photos last night I kept going back to that one. It is a new arrival for me so maybe as it opens back up better it will be easier to ID. The kid at LFS was clueless about it and it was cheap, $10 so I gambled.

Button corals aren't cheap. Lol. If you got that for 10$ you got a steal. What color is it?

Also- looking closer at the coral- im not sold on it being a button. Button have bubbly outer rims. It doesn't look too happy in the pics tho.

The only other possibility we can come up with (severum mama is my coral google) is a scoly of some sort. Either way, great deal for $10.

Yea it's probably not too happy yet as it's new here and my lights are much stronger than the tank it came from. Also it's a darker green color, like broccoli.

I was thinking Scolymia too on the first pic, but the more I look at the second pic, I'm thinking Button coral.
Good luck with the ID!

Back
Top Bottom