Anyone have pics of featherduster larvae?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DreamerTheresa

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have these skinny white specks on the back glass panel.

They're attatched by one end, the other points into the tank. They're probably 1/8" long or so.

I've two adult feather dusters in the tank, and I used to have a flame angel before he died. I know flame angels eat baby feather dusters, so I likely wouldn't have had any before that lived long enough to see what they look like.

I'm hoping someone has pics of baby feather dusters, as I can't get a clear pic of them, try as I have. :(

Thanks!

Those are small serpulids, they are as big as they are going to get unfortunately. Large numbers of them are a sign of abundant nutrients.

I agree , just by reducing your feedings they will likely die off on thier own . If they are unsightly to you you can scrape them off and, siphion them off .

So that likely means I'm over feeding?
Not necessarily. Many times newer tanks will have higher numbers of them. Newer tanks naturally have more nutrients until they mature. Even then, they still like to grow in low flow/light areas. FWIW I have them all over my sump. IMO they are good filter feeders, a benefit to the natural filtration of the tank, and a good sign of over-all system health.

DreamerTheresa said:
I have these skinny white specks on the back glass panel.

They're attatched by one end, the other points into the tank. They're probably 1/8" long or so.

I've two adult feather dusters in the tank, and I used to have a flame angel before he died. I know flame angels eat baby feather dusters, so I likely wouldn't have had any before that lived long enough to see what they look like.

I'm hoping someone has pics of baby feather dusters, as I can't get a clear pic of them, try as I have. :(

Thanks!

Can you post a pic of what you have in your tank. It sounds like i have the same thing but from what i see in the article posted in my topic, it looks more like an isopod. I will post pics tomorrow when my lights come back on.

Back
Top Bottom