anyone please identify this??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

len

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hi i just had my tank lights off bout 2130hrs and while watchin tv i took a glimspe of my tank ........and realised theres 3 Blue/greenish spotted black thin worm or maybe eel like shape creature of 3 diff size swimmin or wriggling around my tank! i took a torch and try to identify them but dont know what is it??? it wriggle very fast and swims around up & down the tank ....finally the other 2 manage to get behind those rocks and disappear while the other one swim through the overflow system which i think i couldnt see it anymore!
what can it be? harmful?

size 4cm to 6cm long
and i dont see the fish chasin or try to eat them!

thanks

I have a few of these also and have seen no ill effects... I looked pretty close and it looks like something out of a Sci-Fi movie...it then goes into the sand and disappears.. I think it is a type of worm...I cannot get a picture of it at all because it is too quick..My fish don't touch it either...it is too quick..Maybe someone else that knows has seen this also and can identify it for both of us.

Sounds very cool
super.gif
would love to see a pic.

that sounds familiar, sort of. i got a mushroom rock last week, and have since notice what looks like a matis shrimp, sort of. its about 3/4" long and really scoots around. it is some sort of copepod, and is electric green. is yours a copepod, or is it more like an eel?

Back
Top Bottom