Are this guys reef safe?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Without a picture or even description there is no way to determine whether it is reef safe or not.

Kinda looks like an acro crab to me but I can't give you a positive ID. A good rule of thumb though if their claws are small, reef safe, large and robust usually aren't. Someone should be able to give you a good ID soon though

Pointy tips on the claws are usually not reef safe and round non pointy tips means there reef safe.

I have always followed the rule, if they have hairs on their body they are reef safe bc that means they are primarily a filter feeder. If not - no good.

200 gallon reef said:
I have always followed the rule, if they have hairs on their body they are reef safe bc that means they are primarily a filter feeder. If not - no good.

I like the hair rule makes since im sure there are exceptions but i like it

I have had sooo many issues with stone crabs its not even funny. I have had to pull put 4 in total. Before I got to them they ate a damsel, and chopped one of the arms off of my sandsifting seastar.

200 gallon reef said:
I have had sooo many issues with stone crabs its not even funny. I have had to pull put 4 in total. Before I got to them they ate a damsel, and chopped one of the arms off of my sandsifting seastar.

Ive had issues with crabs in general an emarald caught a goby didn eat just destroyed its gills essentually starving it and a sally lightfoot caught and ate small blue hippo and mandarin i hate crabs

Back
Top Bottom