Baby GSP or aiptasia?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Petrichor

Aquarium Advice Activist
I recently purchased a paly frag and on it were what looked to be aiptasia. I immediately nuked them with some Aiptasia X, but on a second round of the stuff I noticed the "anemones" look very similar to my GSP, albeit super tiny.

They're too small to take a photo of, but the discs are smaller than the size of this "o" and pale pink/tan. The 7-9 tentacles (hard to count they're so small!) have barbs on them similar to my GSP, and kinda like an old TV antenna.

I know it's hard to say without pictures, but what do you all think? Nuke the rest just to be safe or assume its GSP or something similar and hope for the best?

If it helps, the store I got them from didn't appear to have any aiptasia (I know that's not a good indication it's clean, but I'm throwing it out there anyway), but they did have several recently cut GSP frags.

If it has little barbs coming off the tentacles, it doesn't sound like aiptasia. It won't hurt to let them grow a bit more and see what develops. As they get bigger if it appears to be aiptasia, you can always nuke them at that point.

I cleaned the tank today and nuked the two I found before I saw this message. I thought I saw more of the things, but maybe my peppermint shrimp got to them (I've seen him eat aiptasia before). It anymore show up I'll give them a chance though!

Back
Top Bottom