Ball Of Clear Jelly???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

revhtree

Aquarium Advice Addict
I found a big ball of super clear jelly in the tank. I picked it up and it was like a slime ball. It didnt stink or anything. I was wondering what it might have been. I dont have a pic. 8O

Was it near any snail shells, how big? Could be a mass of bacterial slime from what was left of a dead snail. Could have also been a previously missed moon jelly or similar.

Cheers
Steve

It was a good size ball. Probably as big as a golf ball. It had a nice weight to it. i rinsed it down the sink....

Should have mentioned that there was another smaller one in the back of the tank when I moved some rock.

Now watch a couple of days from now a giant mutated ball of clear jelly appear and start terrorizing the world..

500 years later in a class room..

And this is revhtree.. the man responsible for eliminating the human race, and all the other critters of the world at that time..

Not sure how true this is but, I read somewhere that worms will make those slime balls around something that they plan to eat. The slime ball helps to break it down to a consistency where they can digest it. You might want to watch it to see if the worms make a feast of it in a few days.

500 years later in a class room..

And this is revhtree.. the man responsible for eliminating the human race, and all the other critters of the world at that time..

:rofl:

Back
Top Bottom