Beach Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

reggaefish

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I found this little fish in some drifting seaweed at the beach and brought it to my salt water tank. I'm just not sure what kind of fish it is?? It is light brown/tan and about the size of a dime. It kinda resembles a tiny trigger fish??

Anyone seen these before? Sorry about the poor quality of the pic. My camera isn't a very good one.

Attachments

• aquariumadvicepic.jpg
    aquariumadvicepic.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 110
  • aquarium_0051.jpg
    aquarium_0051.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 106
Looks almost like a filefish of some sort, but it is impossible to be sure....can you manage a larger, closer, more detailed photo?

Tassled filefish actually. Very unwise addition if this is anyway a reef/invert tank.

Cheers
Steve

steve-s said:
Tassled filefish actually.

That was my first impression from the second photo, but the first looks less like a tassled to me....all I am familiar with are somewhat mature specimens...do juveniles have somewhat different colour/patterning?

The first pic was too blurry to tell what it was, I was also refering to the second pic. As far as dimorphism from juv to adult, I have no idea. There are different color patterns within the species/by region AFAIK.

Tassled Filefish

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom