Bloated tick like creature?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AbsoluteFaye

Aquarium Advice Addict
Saw this on my tank tonight at "flashlight fun time". I have a stomatella snail hitch hiker and was nearby and looked nothing like this. It had a very round body, snail "belly and head" and looked like a bloated tick. After watching it for a minute it burrowed itself under the sand. Reading what I have about stomatellas, they don't do that. I have leopard nassarius snails and tongs nassarius snails so I'm wondering if this may be a spawn? It's definitely squishy.... So strange. And I just looked again and I found 2 more stomatellas (go figure) and I took another pic of the now emerged snail/tick creature. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• image-114135768.jpg
    image-114135768.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 158
  • image-2386637630.jpg
    image-2386637630.jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 149
  • image-2805896095.jpg
    image-2805896095.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 154
I have a bunch of turbos and they had baby tutbos, all with tiny shells. I'm completely stumped on this one! The closest thing it looks like is a bubble snail but they live on land. Lol

Those baby turbos are probably collinista snails. They resemble turbos but never grow very large.
I can't help you with your pictures, without more pictures.

Oh ok. Makes sense. My turbos did lay eggs though a while ago. Ill try to get more pics if it shows up again. It was acting like a nassarius but I didn't see the "snout" and it was a soft shell. But it looked nothing like my other 3 stomatellas.

Back
Top Bottom