Bristle worms good/bad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No they aren't bad. YOU don't like them and that's fine. Your personal decision on what goes and stays in your personal tank. But they aren't bad. They are good for your tank. They serve the same function as starfish, shrimp and snails. They are common cleaners who come with almost all live rock. If you aren't going to want anything that stings, bites or is toxic you'll need to cross off all anemones, almost all corals, urchins, and more than 50% of all saltwater fish.

Its my opinion that they are bad you can't change that some people are so argumentative it's not only that they sting the are also ugly in my bigger tank which is 55g I've got a snowflake eel and I've got a zebra lion fish on hold at the lfs

Last edited by a moderator:
It's my opinion that they are bad you can't change that some people are so argumentative it's not only that they sting the are also ugly in my bigger tank which is 55g I've got a snowflake eel and I've got a zebra lion fish on hold at the lfs

Good or Bad isn't an opinion, it's a fact. They are in fact good for the system, you think they LOOK bad, which is an opinion. There is no need for listen heres (not hear) on this forum. You asked for information and received it. You obviously determined for yourself the worms were bad based on looks already and no information received here was going to change your mind. Please only ask questions if you intend to listen to any information offered. Do you need tips on removing them?

The tank that has got the worms is a peaceful 20g tank which will have corals and maybe a chromis and a clownfish it's got 4 hermit crabs, snails and a shrimp so their is no need for a few ugly eorms

everyone just calm down a little its not that big of a deal just a difference of opinion

That's right and IMO I don't like them some people use this forum just to argue Ive got plenty cuc I don't need stinging worms in my peaceful enviroment

No pure evil I did not make my mine up based on there looks I made it up based on the fact I want a peaceful environment

No argument here in regards to your opinion. You are certainly entitled to it. No need to be offended or offensive. You don't want them in your tank... Therefore you should remove them. It is your tank. I merely wanted to make it clear to anyone else who should read this thread that it is your opinion, based on your personal feelings about the animal. It is not based on fact or on the merits of whether or not the worm is of benefit to the home aquarium. Your last post said that "They are bad". They are indeed actually quite beneficial. You suggested that they pose an above average risk of harm (because they "sting") to the aquarist when in fact they are no more dangerous than most of the other creatures in home aquariums. People read these threads in search of guidance and information about things that are unfamiliar to them. And more often than not, personal opinion (and quite often misinformation) is presented a hard core fact. (for example the attachment about a "fish eating worm" in this very post that had absolutely no relevance to the current situation). I was taking the opportunity to clear the muddy waters so to speak. It wasn't an attack on you personally and I regret that you apparently took it the wrong way. Good luck with your tank sir and I hope that in the future you are able to find the type of information you are apparently looking for.

You keep saying you want a peaceful tank, and that is your only reason for eliminating the worms, not looks. You have asked, and have been told they are themselves peaceful. You are getting way too upset about this, no one is grilling you on here. Please don't confuse your opinion with the facts about the animal in question.

Ok now I think you guys need to relax I just think their is alot of other cuc that do the same as a stinky worm that stings

There is, and no one is saying you have to keep them. We are just saying that they ARE peaceful and quite useful for the home aquarium. I don't like them because they are unsightly, but I know that I have no other reason to remove them. I posted a link for you to find out how to remove them. If indeed want them gone, then read it and build a trap. Problem solved.

as pure said they are peaceful and you more than likely wont even see it during lights on what do you plan to do when you remeove it

Back
Top Bottom