Bristleworms??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DodgeRT

Aquarium Advice Activist
Just found a couple of these today. Are they bristleworms? They have pink heads and tails with black/dark grey in the middle.

Attachments

• img_2809-1_586.jpg
    img_2809-1_586.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 184
  • img_2815-1_214.jpg
    img_2815-1_214.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 192
Yup, that what they look like and I consider them a great addition to my clean up crew. Just don't touch them with your bare hands, as they have a nasty little sting....

Thanks! I read up on them and was hoping that's what they were. I have found about 5 or 6 of them now. They weren't in the tank a week ago that I noticed. I just added a clownfish and an anemone, could they have hitched a ride in with the anemone?

Probably in/on your live rock it is amazing to me to see what is there after as long as I have had my tank the things that still seem to just show up :) I also agree its a bristle worm , should you get stuck by them just air dry your hand off and use either white glue or ducktape over the bristles and pull off it should pull them right out better yet wear gloves in your tank :)

I agree, there is no end to the critters (good and bad) that can crawl out of your rock.

Back
Top Bottom