Brittle star or worm?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Beengirl

Aquarium Advice Addict
I saw these very very small white tubes (arms??) sticking out of a rock. There were 2, now 3. They're not coming from under a rock, just from a very tiny crevice in The rock. Are these the arms of a brittle star or some kind of worm? I zoomed in for the pic, thats why the zoa head looks huge. Lol. They are very tiny.

image-3899542227.jpg

Beengirl said:
I saw these very very small white tubes (arms??) sticking out of a rock. There were 2, now 3. They're not coming from under a rock, just from a very tiny crevice in The rock. Are these the arms of a brittle star or some kind of worm? I zoomed in for the pic, thats why the zoa head looks huge. Lol. They are very tiny.

Btw, the white tubes have a few thin black lines on them.

Keithhjs said:
Looks like brittle starfish arms to me.

That's what I was thinking!! Just wanted a confirmation. Lol. So I actually got a cool hitchhiker with my LR!! The only other hitchhiker I've seen so far was a small bristle worm. That star must be itty bitty to be in a tiny crevice like that! The arms are actually coming out 3 separate tiny holes. Cool!! :)

Brittle star for sure, I have some and they move all over. Great picture btw.

Ericwm said:
Brittle star for sure, I have some and they move all over. Great picture btw.

Thank you! I'm happy I actually got a good hitchhiker! Lol.

Here's a few pics of some of the ones I got. Mine are purple though, your pic they look like they are white. Sorry for the iPhone pics tho lol.

Attachments

• image-2036773788.jpg
    image-2036773788.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 89
  • image-1425776161.jpg
    image-1425776161.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 83
  • image-1719017047.jpg
    image-1719017047.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 80
You have several it looks like! Lucky! :) Yeah, its annoying that the iPhone pics aren't better. That's what I have too.

Ya when I feed the corals I get so many arms poking out I can't even count them all. Hard to take a pic then cuz water gets murky and the phone has a hard time focusing lol.

Back
Top Bottom