Brown spikey things on lr

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

eric faatz

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey,I noticed that i have alot of little spikey brown things on my lr.They come off of my lr and onto my sandbed and on my glass.They have like a bubble type stem and on top they have an oval with brown/redish spikes.In the middle of the oval there is like a tiny white circle.When i go near them they close up into a bubble.They kinda look like a mini bubble tip anenome.I tried to get a picture but even when i zoom in they look like brown dots.Can anyone help me figure out what i have in my tank? Thank you!

But now that i think of it.. you said baby bubble tip nem.. so maybe those are small Majanos anemones. Which are worse, and harder to kill then aiptasia, so i've heard. For your sake, i hope they're just aiptasia..

i used joe juice, worked great on a large peice of majano, and some aiptasia. Havent seen any since. It comes with a syringe and enough to last. Turn off all skimmers and power heads and w/e else water flow device. Squirt the top of the head. and then when it sucks it give it a nice close blast. Wait 15 minutes or so and turn back on your heads/skimmers/w.e . I have a small reef and it worked great no damage done. Good Luck. Total price $10-$15

Back
Top Bottom