Bubble Algae?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

New2Salt

Aquarium Advice Freak
Wondering if this is Bubble Algae and do I need to be worried about it? The blue hermit crabs don't seem to touch it.

Yes, it is a species of Valonia (bubble algae). It is't harmful in and of itself but can grow to plague proportions quickly. Do not attempt to remove these little ones. If they break, you get more. I have heard Saly Lightfoot's wil eat it. I had a Tang that would nip at it. If you can get macro algae to compete with it the macro will win.

Mark

Ok, because I have a small tank, 29 gallon a tang won't work, we used to have a false lemonpeel angel that I know eats some types of algae, but one it was too big for the tank and it picked on the other fish in the tank, that was real fun trying to catch him to take him back.

I have heard Saly Lightfoot's wil eat it.

What is a Saly Lightfoot?

Ok, as far as Macro algae, I do like the Calupera but won't that take over my tank? I don't really want to get anything that is cause problems with the other corals I have or am going to get?

I don't seem to have it on any other live rock, could I take that piece out and get rid of it somehow?

Thanks for your help! :p

Back
Top Bottom