Bunch of white things on my tank glass

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Civicman86

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I woke up this morning to 1000 or so white small dot looking things on the glass. What might they be?

There is also two on the glass maybe 1/8'' probally smaller, that are worm looking. Same color so im guessing they are all worms but are they harmful?

# 1-Could be flat worms or baby snails.

# 2-The worm looking things are probably bristle worms.

Do you have snails in your tank? Any chances of making pictures?

:)

No i cant get a pic since they are sooooo small and my camera sucks sooo bad lol.

I have to turbos and 3 nass. snails.

They look like little sperm cells lol. They have a small tail and it looks like some have two small tenticals. Im guessing maybe Nass snails?

What are the chacnes they are copods (I think that is what they are called)?

Civicman86 said:
No i cant get a pic since they are sooooo small and my camera sucks sooo bad lol.

I have to turbos and 3 nass. snails.

They look like little sperm cells lol. They have a small tail and it looks like some have two small tenticals. Im guessing maybe Nass snails?

What are the chacnes they are copods (I think that is what they are called)?

Do they look like this? (Flat worms)

http://www.rshimek.com/images/flatworm composite1.jpg

From what I understand, flatworms are not so desireable in your tank.

Or like this? (Pods)

http://www.tamug.edu/cavebiology/fauna/PhotoGallery/Bahamas/images/Dscn1058b.jpg

There are many different species of pods, but they are beneficial for oyur tank. (Free fish and crab food).

HTH a bit.

8)

Niether really.

Here is my quick drawing on paint. Remember the larger ones of the group are only 1cm long if that.

WhiteThingInTank.JPG

Maybe baby pod things (the thing you posted second). Its looks to me like a very small one like the one posted.

I dont know what they are called, but I know that they are sign that your doing something right. I get them on myglass a few times a week.....(mag Float)

1cm long. So yea pretty darn small. The worms dont look like the other things either. Looks like their is a few worms and some of the other things. The worms are longer. Maybe 2cm

If you get a magnifying glass you will see they are probably pods. There are many types of pods and all look different ... close but different!
Like rev said they are a sign of things going right! Unless when you put fish in you see them SUCKING THE BLOOD!!! Then it's a sign of things gone bad!!!!

I picked up a super duper mag. glass at Walmart. I think I got it in the book section and it may be for old people to read because it makes the letters the size of your head!!!!! :lol: :lol:

When I look at my pods through the mag. glass they look like GODZILLA ... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom