Button anemone??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sicklidkid

Aquarium Advice Freak
I was at an LFS the other day and was checking out what the owner said was a button anemone. It was whitsish tan and has short tenticals. Can any one confirm this ID? What are its requirements? The guy said they are very easy to keep.
THANKS

Whast is your definition of short? a few inches?

Sounds like a Condy, specially if its " easy to keep "

It definatly wasnt a condy. They were at longest a 1cm. Its diameter was probley about1.5-2 inches. Also the tentacles were not up and didnt move too much look almost like a mushroom but not quite.

I am pretty sure it wasnt a bubble tip. it didnt look like your "typical" anemone. The tentacles were very short and they covered the entire top. Also it was very flat not very 3 dimesnional at all. The tenticles were for the most part non moving but i did see some movement in them. The tenticles were not just like really thin either, they were thick. The guy at the store also said they have a very strong foot that comes in lost of different colors. I will try and find a pic.
THANKS

ya thats what I was thinking I heard a few call them anenome's before I was like ok.lol

Well i think that might be it. I looked on google. A lot of pics i saw it looks kind of like it has bubbles instead of tentacles and others seem to have tentacles. Are there different varieties? The LFS guy said that they will move around the tank, can ricordeas? HE also said they have brightly colored feet. He also said he thought my ocellaris clown would live in it/on it. is it an anemone or coral? What are its requirements. O yeah and one last thing, the price on it was $17, does this ound right for one? THANKS!!

Back
Top Bottom