Calling Mr X...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Leedowlrods

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm only two years old to the hobby but learnt loads ( in my eyes)
I just cleaned my front glass with magnet and went over what I thought was coraline, as soon as I went over it, 'it' swam off the glass and re-attached it's self to the side glass, I guess it is pink from eating coraline but I have no idea what it is.
Tank been set up for 1 year.

Hmm, well the one in the center looks more white to me and the one above and to the left looks more pink. So, the one in the middle actually looks like two and I would guess they are flatworms. Don’t panic! The white flatworms, in my experience, usually don’t become a problem and soon die off. It’s the brown or red flatworms that can be a problem. Two things, one if you don’t want them, suck them out with a pipette and discard or, second keep your eye on them and notice any increase in population. Then suck them out.

Dick

Thanks mate, the left one is coraline, and the white ones (which are actually pink) ar the ones in question. I think I'll keep my eye in the situation for the moment.
Thanks for your reply
I'll probably buy a velvet nudibranch when I next see one

I wouldn't buy the nudi. It will starve eventually and the flatworms are really harmless.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Bribo12 you are a star. I'll leave the nudi and watch what happens in the tank
Many thanks

Back
Top Bottom