Calupra (sp?)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

d9hp

Aquarium Advice Addict
Im thinking of growing some calupra in my sump. what kind of lighting is it going to take, can i just use a strip light you can buy at some LFS or a Wal-Mart?

Depending on the size of the sump and depth, the pc lights you can buy cheap at walmart, seem to be popular units for small refugium. The plants will appreciate the more yellow spectrum.

I have decided to purchase a plant other than calupra, called Gracillaria! It has the same requirements as Calupra, please tell me if this is not a good choice!

I think just about any macro algae will aid in nutrient export, and will suit your needs, so long as you know i's requirements and can provide for them.

any macro algae is great. it absorbs nitrates. they hog the nitrates making micro algae unable to grow as easily. i recommend macro algae in any system that it is feasable in. plus tangs and angels love a tasty snack every once in awhile. :D

im not going to get my yellow tang for a few months after the i get up and running, but i have heard to get the calupra the first day i have the water and LR in the tank! I am going to do this! I am going to go with calupra and not the gracilaria because i dont know where do get it locally and dont wanna do an order

Back
Top Bottom