Can anyone id this

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here are the best pictures I could get

image-1692760929.jpg

image-783764355.jpg

Attachments

• image-1949990583.jpg
    image-1949990583.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 96
I wouldn't worry about it. Does it move around? Most pests that craw into aquariums like snails, worms ect. are usually pretty harmless to fish.

I wouldn't worry about it. Does it move around? Most pests that craw into aquariums like snails, worms ect. are usually pretty harmless to fish.

It doesn't move but I wouldn't want it to be something that would destroy and future corals

Have you read through the other ID threads to see if someone has posted your thing before? I can't see a thing in you pictures.

Have you read through the other ID threads to see if someone has posted your thing before? I can't see a thing in you pictures.

I can see it clearly it might be hard for you because the object iam talking about is white and right in the center of the picture

I can see it clearly it might be hard for you because the object iam talking about is white and right in the center of the picture

I'm sorry, but the pictures are just too blurry. I even tried looking from my computer. If it is sessile then it is most likely some type of coral, sponge or tunicate. Any one of those three are not likely to pose a risk to future tank inhabitants.

I'm sorry, but the pictures are just too blurry. I even tried looking from my computer. If it is sessile then it is most likely some type of coral, sponge or tunicate. Any one of those three are not likely to pose a risk to future tank inhabitants.

Thanks anyway and it might of look blurry because it was right in the way of my power head which creates alot of bubbles

Best pic I probably could get with my power head off especially scince it an iPhone Iam taking pictures from. Hope this help .

image-2403665834.jpg

image-556123916.jpg

image-2426649775.jpg

In your first picture I do see what looks like a coral skeleton, and possibly tunicate. I'm not sure if I have any software to highlight what I'm talking about, but I'll check when I get home.

In your first picture I do see what looks like a coral skeleton, and possibly tunicate. I'm not sure if I have any software to highlight what I'm talking about, but I'll check when I get home.

Alright thanks man

I think you are talking about the item I circled in black. That looks like a coral skeleton to me. Does it have clear or white tentacles? I don't know what kind it is, but I have seen it on live rock before. In some of the pictures there also looks to be a tunicate, or sea squirt, in the more brightly lit area. I drew a red arrow pointing to the general location of what looks like the tunicate.

Neither would be cause for concern. I don't see anything that would concern me in any of your pictures.

Attachments

• edited.jpg
    edited.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 59
Alright thanks so much I was talking about the stuff circled in black which is white I don't really see any tentacles and I didn't even notice the other thing you were pointing at with the red arrow

I'm going to guess that area is hard. It really just looks like the skeleton of a dead coral from looking at the picture.

Back
Top Bottom