can you help Identify

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

adrian_0775

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
here are some pictures of some items growing in my tank I think one of them is posibly apistasia. and my first fish in the tank. i also added some assorted sanails and some hermits. planing on getting some horshoes, emerald, and some cucumbers for the sand.

Attachments

• HPIM0957.jpg
    HPIM0957.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 55
  • HPIM0952.jpg
    HPIM0952.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 66
  • HPIM0968.jpg
    HPIM0968.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 55
  • HPIM0966.jpg
    HPIM0966.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 55
I would not add horse shoe crabs. They will grow over 2-3 feet long. I would also hold off on the cucumbers until your tank is a lot more mature.
What sized tank?
I agree with the rest also.

I added a peppermint shrimp temporarily to my tank, and it got rid of all of my aiptasia in a matter of days.
It will not eat the large ones though, so if you have a bunch or large aiptasia, dont bother.

I added a peppermint shrimp temporarily to my tank, and it got rid of all of my aiptasia in a matter of days.
It will not eat the large ones though, so if you have a bunch or large aiptasia, dont bother.

IMO do bother with the peppermint shrimp. As they will eat the smaller aiptasia, the larger one's you will need to use something like Joe's Juice.

Yeah, I've seen peppermint shrimp take out the small ones in the crevices and cracks we cant see. The big ones just use Joes Juice for sure.

Back
Top Bottom