Can you id this??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Walkerrobin

Aquarium Advice Activist
Found this tiny white starfish for the first time today, it's about the quarter size of a thumbnail and not yet fully formed, this is so cool, I'm well chuffed!

Attachments

• image-1558858816.jpg
    image-1558858816.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 81
I think they hitch hike in on LR, yes. Their population seems to ebb and flow with the maturity of tanks, feeding routines, etc. Most are harmless, but I've read of some snacking on soft coral.

mr_X said:
yep. they reproduce pretty quickly too. for the most part they seem to be a good addition.

Good, I was hoping that! You really never know which side of the team these critters are.

those are one of the few that can change sides at the drop of a hat. i've had them for years and they did noting but eat algae and then one day they got a taste for soft corals. no worries. i always wanted a harlequin shrimp, and he took care of that, lickity split!

Harlequins are great, but they are obligate star feeders so you'll need to plan to buy stars as food for them after they erradicate the asterinas. Slippery slope.

Back
Top Bottom