Can you identify proper names?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The "raspberry" is a Alcyonium Linnaeus, commonly called a Cauliflower Colt coral.

The finger leather is from the genus Sinularia, not sure on the species though.

Cheers
Steve

I heard the Colt Coral spreads like weeds in a tank. Just by the water movement? Are these corals easy to take care of? Anything I should know about them?

I have a 55gal. 260Watt CoralLife Power Compact, 3 1W Lunar Lights, Live sand 4in DSB, 75lbs. Live Rock, 2 Cinnamon Clownfish, Magenta Dottyback, snails, crabs, Feather Duster, Sabae Purple Tipped Anenome, 1 White Leather Coral, Red Sun polyp, assorted polyps, 2 Assorted Color Plate Corals, Pipe Organ, Frogspawn, Fox Coral, Flat Brain, Finger Leather, Mushrooms, Green Star Polyps, 2 8" Maxima Clams, a few other corals. Wet/Dry filter, Protein Skimmer, Heater, I have the Liquid Plankton and also frozen plankton and brine shrimp for food.

They are both quite hardy as a rule although they will not spread via water movement. They can however be easily propogated through fragging. The raspberry will grow quite quickly and should be fragged a few times each year. Good way to make money for your tank needs.

Keep water quality optimum and they should do well. The foods you feed are okay but I would trade out the brine unless gut loaded/fortified. Not much usable protein in them. Mysis or some other frozen marine food would be a better choice, some variety is also a plus. Be sure with this many softies and the anemone you keep up with carbon use and change frequently.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom